i need this. i need to work more veggies into my diet.
Where can I get this?
Sourdough Stuffing, by FuckYeahVegans
- 1 large sourdough loaf, crusts removed and cubed
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup button mushrooms, brushed clean and diced
- 1 cup tempeh, or seitan, cubed and pan-fried until golden
- 1/2 cups pine nuts, lightly pan-toasted (optional)
- soy sauce
- fresh grated ginger juice (optional)
- small handful flat leaf parsley-minced
- spring or filtered water
- Preheat oven to 300o and arrange bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake until bread dries slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet and saute garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes. Add celery and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 7 minutes. Combine bread cubes, sauteed vegetables, fried tempeh, pine nuts, soy sauce and ginger juice to taste and parsley. Slowly add water, while mixing until a soft stuffing forms. Allow to cool completely.
- To stuff squash, pack filling firmly into the opening, until firmly stuffed. Replace the squash top and place in a baking dish with a small amount of water to tenderize the squash. Raise oven temperature to 350o, cover and bake until squash pierces easily with a fork.
- The exact baking time will vary, depending on the size of the squash, anywhere from 1-3 hours. (Note that any filling that doesn’t fit in the squash can be baked separately in a casserole for about 35 minutes.)
Falafel Style Veggie Burger Recipe / Recipe
You could make some companion cube sushi with that technique.